Sunday, May 30, 2010

1 More Week!

I can't believe the moment is almost here! My due date is actually June 7th instead of June 5th. I swear my doctor said the 5th but I asked him the other day and he said it was actually the 7th. Oh well at least it's not that big of change! I am so excited to get this baby boy out and to hold him in my arms. These last 3 weeks have seemed like eternity and I am soo ready. I have probably had my hospital bag packed and ready to go for a month! haha. Its starting to collect dust! I went to the doctor Friday and he said I was dialated to a 3 and like 80 percent effaced. I could be stuck at a 3 forever though. I have learned to not get to excited cause things could stay exactly where they are for quite a while. He stripped my membranes to hopefully help labor come along. So I could really have this baby at any time and then he could be overdo. You just don't know and I hate that! Ha. I think I have learned a ton of patience being pregnant. If I have learned anything it's to not get to excited and think you might have the baby early. I have given my hopes up a ton of times doing that! Instead I am just looking forward to my actual due date. So that is the latest with me! I will try to keep you updated as best I can!

4 comments:

k and j said...

I really am shocked that he didn't come way early! Your labor and delivery should be a breeze with how effaced and dilated you are! WOW. Hang in there chicky :) SOON!

Emily said...

i'm not at all shocked you're still pregnant :) i've known way too many people have dialated and effaced early and haven't gone into labor until their due date or after... depressing, huh? i totally know you feel you and remember the last few weeks. they last FOREVER!! hang in there... he'll be here SO soon even if it doesn't feel like it :)

Meka said...

At leased he is getting "cooked" long enough! It'll be wonderful when he finally gets here. I hope it's soon! I can't wait for you to experience everything! Doesn't jogging induce labor or is that just a myth? I am sure you have tried everything! Maybe you should do 50 jumping jacks and then spin in a circle really fast and see if that helps. Oh and have Collin video tape it! Thanks!!

Southern Belle said...

When I went to the hospital to get induced a week after my due date, I was not dilated or effaced at all... well I think it was like a 1 and 50% or something, but it pretty much meant nothing! Good luck with everything!! You will do awesome!