Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Here's Our Story

Here is the story of how Collin and I met. Me and my good friend Shanna King went to a family home evening activity for the Dixie State College ward. I really did not want to go because I had a ton of homework. Well Shanna told me there was going to be food, so how could I turn down that? I finally gave in and we went. While we were eating our food I overheard Collin talking to someone about his mission. The only reason I was kind of eavesdropping was because I heard him mention Orlando, Florida. My brother Brennan at the time had just left on his mission for the same destination. So I was really wondering if Collin had crossed paths with him or got to meet him. Shanna kept telling me to go talk to him, but I get a little shy sometimes. She on the other hand is a really fun and outgoing person so she pretty much dragged me over to him. So I finally asked him about the mission and if he met my brother. Unfortunately he did not. Brennan was going out as Collin was coming home. Brennan did serve in all the same areas though. Well Collin ended up getting mine and Shanna's number. I thought for sure he would call Shanna because she is such a fun and beautiful girl. Shanna and I ended up inviting him to come play volleyball with us one night. He showed up and by the end of the night when I was about to leave he came up to me and asked me if I would go on a date with him! I was surprised and excited! So we went on our first date and then from there on we saw each other every day! We dated for 4 months and then he proposed, got married 4 months later in the Saint George Temple on May 12, 2007. So there is a little about us for starters. I am still trying to get used to this blog thing so stick with me!

2 comments:

Meka said...

HIIII Okay, sign in and go to customize at the very top right. Then go to gadgets and I think it's blog roll to add people. You can do a lot of other stuff in gadgets too. Good luck, it looks great so far you have the cute background and everything!

k and j said...

Cute blog banana now put some more stuff on here girrrrrrrrrrrrl!