Monday, March 16, 2009

Kiersten Jo Attig

Well I finally got my camera fixed so I can start putting pictures up again! As you can tell by the thousand pictures I put up my beautiful niece was finally born on March 11 at 4 a.m! She weighed 7 pounds 1 ounce and was 19 inches long. She has a ton of dark hair and beautiful tan skin! I got to be in the room when Britt was giving birth. It was the most amazing experience! I thought I might be freaked out but I wasn't! Everything was so...interesting I guess you could say! The only part that freaked me out was when Britt couldn't really breathe. She had Kiersten NATURAL! Can you believe that? She is a tough one. She was in a lot of pain and there was nothing I could do, so I felt really bad. Kiersten was Posterior(don't know if I spelled that right) so they had Britt get on her hands and knees so KJ would flip. Britt felt her finally flip and that's when the contractions hit really hard. From then on it was kind of scary! I am never going to have mine natural! I am such a baby with pain so I wouldn't last. Britt said she felt like she wanted to die. ha. But she did it and I am so proud of her! She was a champ. She only gave about 3 pushes and KJ was here. The doctor came just in time to. Britt was screaming that she felt she had to push and the doc wasn't even there yet! Scary huh? He finally showed up like 5 minutes after she said that. Anyways she made it through and KJ is a beautiful healthy baby! Seeing all of that really is getting me baby hungry! Me and Collin are trying so we will see what happens!

1 comment:

Meka said...

This made me cry a little! It made me so happy for your sister and a little freaked out about the no drug thing! But it also made me realize what a woman goes through when giving birth and how our sweet birth mom decided to go though that pain only to place her baby with strangers because of love.